|1st Abram Cubs|
Cubs(6:45 -8:15 pm)
Tuesday1st Abram Cubs Cubs (6:45 -8:15 pm)
Being a Cub
When you join Cubs, you’ll be introduced to lots of new activities, people and things. Here’s everything you need to know.
Activities and what you’ll get up to.
Prepare for excitement and adventure! Try huge variety of activities surrounding areas of fitness, global and beliefs; be creative and get involved in your local community. Learn exciting outdoor skills and take part in adventurous activities, as well as camps and residential experiences.
Completing the award, challenges you to do more, learn more and be more. See what’s on offer and start your journey to the top.
As a values based movement we all make the ‘The Promise’ an oath that helps us to be our best. The promise is backed up by our Cub Scout Law.
Uniform and Badge Placement
You don’t need a uniform to join. But once you’ve settled in, you’ll start speedily earning badges, and you’ll need to know where to put them!
The Cubs’ uniform consists of a Green soft-brushed poly/cotton sweatshirt with purple tipping. We also ask for Cubs to wear Green & purple-tipped polo shirts too.
Moving up to Scouts
After a couple of years with us, our Cubs have matured, and are ready to leave the Pack and become Scouts. They’ve learnt a lot, but there’s so much more to learn with Scouts. When Akela says goodbye, it’s time to leap into a whole new adventure.
When we moved to Abram, we were worried that our son would struggle with friendships, so we signed him up to Cubs. The first week, he cried that he didn’t want to go, but after a few taster sessions he absolutely loved it and fitted right in making lots of new friends and learning new skills. Scouting is a fantastic place for young people with leaders that provide support and encouragement for the young people to always do their best. He has so many great experiences that he can’t wait to go back each week.Frankie S
Meeting Times & Days
Cubs normally meet on Tuesday Evenings from 6:45pm to 8:15pm. Doors will open 10-15 minutes before start time.
Whilst Covid Restrictions are in place, our meeting times are reduced to 7pm to 8pm.
Camps and events timings will vary from event to event, but we’ll let you know those times well in advance. Our only ask is that you’re always prompt to pick up your child, this enables us to close everything down, leave site, and get back
- Cubs RemindersJust a quick reminder to all of our Cubs, we are taking a scheduled interlude from Cubs this evening (30th November). We will return next week (7th December) for something completely different to whet the Cub’s appitite! Please could all Cubs parents check…
- Cubs JOTAJOTI Saturday draws to a closeIt’s been an amazing day for 1st Abram Cubs, as our Young People experienced Amateur Radio for the first time. Making contacts via VHF (2m) and DMR (Digital Mode Radio), they learned the basic science behind amateur radio and got to see something…
- JOTA-JOTI 2021 is here!The event of the Scouting Technical calendar is finally here! It’s a Global Event owned by the World Organisation of Scout Movements (WOSM). But what does it all mean? JOTI, or Jamboree on the Internet is an event which brings Scouts & Guides…
- Cubs create Fusion DiningTonight, under the close and watchful eye of Shere Khan, our Cubs completed their Chef Badge in the creation of a meal! In true 1st Abram Cubs style, it wouldn’t do well for our Cubs to all do the same thing, or even…
- Cubs are becoming ChefsThis week, our Cubs started work on their Chef badge. This great badge takes the Cook badge from Beavers up a notch with the aim of preparing Cubs to cook their own two course meal. Of course, before we let our Cubs loose…
- Calling all Book ReadersBeavers and Cubs both have Book Reader badges, but let’s face it – with so many badges and skills, reading 6 books is a bit of a tough ask. Not forgetting Scouts & Explorers – these two sections don’t have equivilent badges, but…