When a young person joins Scouts, they find a new level of maturity and responsibility. The promise and laws are all about morality and honour. Making this promise is a big thing, as this promise and law are used by all sections from heron in.
On my honour
I promise that I will do my best
To do my duty to god,
And to the queen
to help other people
And to keep the Scout Law.
There are 7 Scout Laws
- A Scout is to be trusted.
- A Scout is loyal.
- A Scout is friendly and considerate.
- A Scout belongs to the worldwide family of Scouts.
- A Scout has courage in all difficulties.
- A Scout makes good use of time, and is careful of possessions and property.
- A Scout has self-respect and respect for others.