Being a Cub
When you join Cubs, you’ll be introduced to lots of new activities, people and things. Here’s everything you need to know.
Activities and what you’ll get up to.
Prepare for excitement and adventure! Try huge variety of activities surrounding areas of fitness, global and beliefs; be creative and get involved in your local community. Learn exciting outdoor skills and take part in adventurous activities, as well as camps and residential experiences.
Completing the award, challenges you to do more, learn more and be more. See what’s on offer and start your journey to the top.
As a values based movement we all make the ‘The Promise’ an oath that helps us to be our best. The promise is backed up by our Cub Scout Law.
Uniform and Badge Placement
You don’t need a uniform to join. But once you’ve settled in, you’ll start speedily earning badges, and you’ll need to know where to put them!
The Cubs’ uniform consists of a Green soft-brushed poly/cotton sweatshirt with purple tipping. We also ask for Cubs to wear Green & purple-tipped polo shirts too.
Moving up to Scouts
After a couple of years with us, our Cubs have matured, and are ready to leave the Pack and become Scouts. They’ve learnt a lot, but there’s so much more to learn with Scouts. When Akela says goodbye, it’s time to leap into a whole new adventure.
When we moved to Abram, we were worried that our son would struggle with friendships, so we signed him up to Cubs. The first week, he cried that he didn’t want to go, but after a few taster sessions he absolutely loved it and fitted right in making lots of new friends and learning new skills. Scouting is a fantastic place for young people with leaders that provide support and encouragement for the young people to always do their best. He has so many great experiences that he can’t wait to go back each week.Frankie S
Meeting Times & Days
Cubs normally meet on Tuesday Evenings from 6:45pm to 8:15pm. Doors will open 10-15 minutes before start time.
Whilst Covid Restrictions are in place, our meeting times are reduced to 7pm to 8pm.
Camps and events timings will vary from event to event, but we’ll let you know those times well in advance. Our only ask is that you’re always prompt to pick up your child, this enables us to close everything down, leave site, and get back
- Cubs Get Knotted1st Abram Cubs have got straight down to business this term, catching up on their essential Scouting Skills and ticking boxes in badges. These two weeks (1 group per week), have seen Cubs trying their hands at knots! And I can tell you,…
- 1st Abram Cubs win Pick of The PackIt’s been a funny year, one in which the annual District Pick of The Pack Quiz fell from being a swift heat and final with only a couple of weeks before, to complexly organised heats and tonight’s final via Zoom, with what seems…
- Cubs back together and wanting s’moreWe’re so pleased that Cubs are now back together doing Cubbing things! Last week and this week saw our Cubs enjoying a chat around a campfire, and toasted some marshmallows to make s’mores. It’s so good to see Cubs back and smiling, raring…
- Cubs First week(s) backWe were so pleased to see so many of our Cubs back for their first week(s), with us since March 2020! We spent the evening rebuilding our knowledge of Scouting History, and traditions giving us a great grounding for moving forward as a…
- Cubs – Lets Get Back!It seems like years since the Cub Pack last got together, although it has been 12 months. In that time, we’ve had members move on to Scouts, and not been replaced, and we’ve seen a few of our members not engaged in virtual…
- Cubs – Local KnowledgeTonight, our Cubs used OSM’s Programmes at Home feature to complete their Local Knowledge badge, they took the time this week to create a poster advertising their local areas of Wigan, Abram, Platt Bridge, Bickershaw and surrounding areas. The results were really detailed….