|1st Abram Beavers
Monday1st Abram Beavers Beavers (6:45 -8pm)
Being a Beaver
When you join Beavers, you’ll be introduced to lots of new activities, people and things. Here’s everything you need to know.
Activities and what you’ll get up to
Get an introduction to outdoor activities, have the opportunity to be creative, explore your local community, and experience the excitement of a Beaver Scout sleepover with your friends.
Completing awards challenges you to do more, learn more and be more. See what’s on offer and start your journey to the top.
As a values-based movement we all make the ‘The Promise’, an oath that helps us to be our best. Each section has its own promise, which grows as our members do.
Uniform and Badge Placement
You don’t need a uniform to join. But once you’ve settled in, you’ll start speedily earning badges, and you’ll need to know where to put them!
The Beavers’ uniform consists of a Blue soft-brushed poly/cotton sweatshirt with purple tipping. It’s optional in summer to wear the Blue & purple tipped polo shirt too.
Moving up to Cubs
Eventually, it’ll be time to say farewell to Beavers and embrace your next big adventure. We have a wonderful ‘Swimming Up Ceremony’ during which all of our Beavers shed their Beaver teeth, and Beaver tails, and emerge as Wolf Cubs, ready for their new adventure.
Don’t know where to start really with all of the benefits I think my son has had from Beavers (and his brother before him). It has really helped him to grow in confidence and given him the opportunity to get involved in so many activities that he wouldn’t have otherwise had the chance to do. He’s made some fantastic friends from lots of different schools. The leaders are so dedicated and they way they’ve kept the sessions remotely going during lockdown (including providing packs with equipment) when so many other clubs stopped has been brilliant. With their support, he achieved his Chief Scout Bronze Award which is something we are all really proud of. It has been a wonderful start to his journey within the Scouting family.Katherine
Meeting Times & Days
Camps and events timings will vary from event to event, but we’ll let you know those times well in advance. Our only ask is that you’re always prompt to pick up your child, this enables us to close everything down, leave site, and get back to unload before we can get back to our families.
- Beavers building with The BrickFollowing our Scouting traditions of helping others, our Beavers have stepped up to help The Brick! Our Beavers recently worked on their World Challenge badge, with focus on the community aspect of the badge, and where better to help that community than with…
- Calling all Book ReadersBeavers and Cubs both have Book Reader badges, but let’s face it – with so many badges and skills, reading 6 books is a bit of a tough ask. Not forgetting Scouts & Explorers – these two sections don’t have equivilent badges, but…
- It’s hard work turning 90…As you can imagine, Sunday’s party took some planning to pull off, and with that in mind, we’re just recovering from that energy! With our leaders looking back at the last few weeks in a blur, the confetti is cleared up, the tables…
- Beavers are back!Beavers were back with a bang last night and jumped straight back into badgework completing out Gardening badge and enjoying our new Nature Garden. We would like to welcome our six new members to the colony and new leaders Raksha and King Louie…
- Return dates set!Summer has come and passed, and it seems to have gone fast, we’re coming back before September ends! We hope you’ve all had a lovely summer break and are well rested and eager to get back to some amazing Scouting! We’re open, restrictions…
- That’s a wrap! Happy Summer!If we’re completely honest, the last 2 academic years have been absolutely awful as COVID gripped the nation forced us into lockdowns, keeping us indoors, and putting restrictions on our operations that made Scouting incredibly difficult. Our leaders took it on the chin,…